Curious about Kingston, ServiceNow’s recent release? Check out our on demand webinar as we discuss the new ITBM additions, features, and options that can help move your business forward. Kingston’s new IT Business Management (ITBM) suite includes Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Application Portfolio Management (APM), and IT Financial Management (ITFM).
If you are a current ServiceNow user considering an upgrade, or you’re looking at ServiceNow ITBM for the first time, this is a webinar you can’t afford to miss. Join Rego expert guides Marcus Walker, Jen Scarlato, Doug Greer, and Sankhadeep Dhar as they discuss what’s new with PPM, APM, ITFM, and Performance Analytics.
Here’s a few highlights from the Kingston release:
ITBM SUITE OVERVIEW
The Kingston release brings together Project Portfolio Management (including Agile development), Financial Management, and Application Portfolio Management solutions. Combined into a single offering leveraging a single set of data, ITBM enables a level of strategic business planning that IT teams have not had before.
Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Kingston adds some significant UX and UI enhancements, such as better list views, drag & drop utilization in several functions, and greater user efficiencies like eliminating multi-screen navigations and combining functions on the same screen.
- PPM | Project Workspace: Deliver faster time-to-value with a great experience out-of-the-box for project and portfolio managers
- Simple, customizable landing pages and greater user efficiencies with reduced multi-screen navigations
- Agile Development | Sprint and Backlog Management: Improved UX utilizing a drag & drop UI for a more “Jira-like” experience
- Easily add stories to sprints, manage schedule and burn rates, drag & drop stories between sprints or to-and-from your backlog
Application Porfolio Management (APM)
If you’re currently on Jakarta or Istanbul, give us a call, as there are a few key things you’ll want to consider when it comes to APM. Kingston’s new capabilities improve application portfolio insights, particularly for strategic alignment of the portfolio including:
- Capability-Based Planning: Achieve richer application alignment by relating the Business Application portfolio to strategic business needs
- View a hierarchy of applications supporting business capability
- Technology Portfolio Management: Improve risk management through calculating risk and technology debt for business applications
- Relate technology life-cycles to supported applications to determine technology impact and associated application risk
IT Financial Management (ITFM)
Kingston includes some new budgeting and forecasting capabilities—as well as some name changes:
- Financial Reporting has been divided and the BU Owner Show Back / Charge Back Statement functionality portion has been renamed Financial Charging
- Periodic statements demonstrating the consumption of services and the cost of those services to business unit owners
- Out-of-the-box Cost Models, Allocation Metrics, and Dashboards for Customer Service
Group budgeting and forecast data by multiple elements and time periods then easily work with relevant information through a drag & drop interface
SINGLE PRICING MODEL
Pricing is based on three user types that provide access to the full suite:
- Workers: People in roles requiring individual access to their own data, typically for simple data entry. Examples include updating and collaborating on work tasks, viewing status reports and dashboards, or tracking time and submitting timesheets. Typically from 100-1000 users.
- Planners: Those roles that need full access to data in some kind of management capacity. Examples include project managers, report designers, budgets builders or resources, and capacity planning managers. Typically from 10-100 users.
- Analysts: Advanced users performing complex tasks. Examples include building cost transparency models and analyzing the application portfolio. Typically from 1-10 users.